Editing Unsubscribe Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing Unsubscribe Page

I see I can edit the code in the admin section, but I want to be able to edit the page itself. For example, I want to change our logo that came with our unsubscribe page, as well as the color scheme. When I try to change out the word "logo" at the top this cannot be edited. As well as the information for the form etc.

Am I doing something wrong? I would like to edit this before I send out emails.

7 REPLIES 7
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Editing Unsubscribe Page

Have you looked for your subscription center program/folder.  It will be located in Marketing Activities area.  The page will be located in there somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for responding to my question. I know how to locate the subscription page but when I'm on the page I can't edit the word logo at the top. See attached image. This logo is just clickable. I can't delete it or add to it. Have you had to do this yet?Capture.PNG

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Elle,

It must be hard coded into your template.  To change it you will need to edit the template page in design studio.

You can find out what template by looking here:

unsub-page.png

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

It's been a while since I did this in my instance, but it sounds like you need to update the landing page "template" that your unsubscribe "landing page" is tied to and the "form" that is on that landing page. I also recall the unsubscribe landing page itself being located in the Design Studio when you first login to Marketo.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Elle Turner​,

Right click on the page and then select view page source.

Once the source code loads do a search for "lpId".  You will see something like the picture below:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 14.15.15.png

Copy the four digit number - In my case it would be 1027.

Now go into Marketo.

After the / type #LP and then your number like this app-acxx.marketo.com/#LP1027https://app-ab07.marketo.com/#LP

Once you type that hit enter and the page will refresh.  You will notice that it hasnt selected any program in the left hand program list. Hit refresh one more time and then Marekto should load the page and in the left hand pain you should be directly in the program folder with the page you are looking for highlighted.

Just click on edit and you should be golden

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerard,

Thanks so much for these instructions. What page are you on when you're right-clicking. The page I'm on, I don't see the lpID option.

Colin_Palmquist
Level 1

Elle Turner I had the same issue and solved it in 5 minutes by just putting a logo with a white background over the default logo. Sometimes it's just easier to move on with life 😃

My hunch is that the real reason it was designed to not be editable is that you're supposed to replace the logo.png file in Design Studio with your company's logo and then your logo will auto update on the unsubscribe page, but I tested this, and it didn't refresh with the new logo.