Editable sections in Landing Page template NOT EDITABLE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editable sections in Landing Page template NOT EDITABLE!

HELP! My designer has created a new landing page template for us (she's done several in the past without any issues!) Despite putting editable sections in the HTML code, the landing page is not editable even though the intended editable sections are showing up under the template elements section. We already contacted support and they were unable to help. I'd be happy to share the HTML with someone if you think you can help (can't figure out how to attach here though)  THANK YOU

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Editable sections in Landing Page template NOT EDITABLE!

if a <div> has the class mkteditable it should show up in the landing page designer. Don't forget every editable <div> must have a unique ID (id="somename").

When this is set you are able to alter some basic elements in the class, like height, width, and so.

P.s. don't expect a WYSIWYG-editor to show up. You are responsible for dragging in landing page elements (e.g. image, rich text, or form) on to the page. The teamplte only defines the structural areas such as backgrounds. The landing page lements do not interact with the editable <div>'s.

If you already know all of the above, something else is wrong. I once experienced this, and I just couldn't find out why. Eventually I found out it had something to do with missing default elements in the landing page template HTML. Al lof this is explained in the advanced landing page template course (the one with 5 videos).