SOLVED

Re: Edit button hrefs without modifying template

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit button hrefs without modifying template

I've made a template built with tokens in an effort to discourage users from modifying the style. I'm able to edit everything I want aside from the button links. I can edit the text but I want a simple way to have users change the href address. Here is my current button within the template:

<!--[if mso]>

<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"

href="#"

style="height:42px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:175px;text-align:center;" arcsize="0%" stroke="f"

fillcolor="#ff9d01">

<w:anchorlock/>

<center>

<![endif]-->

<a id="CTA-Text" class="mktEditable webfont" href="#"

style="background-color:#ff9d01;color:#ffffff;display:inline-block;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:16px;font-weight:normal;line-height:42px;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;width:175px;">Register Now</a>

<!--[if mso]>

</center>

</v:roundrect>

I've tried HTML snippets but they do not accept the MSO conditionals. The html link we are going to use includes the lead id token, so nested tokens are not an option. It's looking like I'll have to have a plain text link or have duplicate templates for each user. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Are there enough commonalities in the URLs that will be used that you can build the structure out of multiple tokens? Something like this:

<a href="http://{{my.Token 1}}?id={{lead.Lead ID}}">

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Are there enough commonalities in the URLs that will be used that you can build the structure out of multiple tokens? Something like this:

<a href="http://{{my.Token 1}}?id={{lead.Lead ID}}">

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, can't believe I overlooked that! All of the URLs are the same aside from an id #, so I was able to use your suggestion and just use a token for the ID they need. Thank you Matt.