Re: Edit approved custom object field

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Edit approved custom object field

I need to update a custom object field type from integer to string. Can I edit custom object fields once they are approved? After reviewing Marketo Docs, I know link and dedupe fields cannot be edited, but this field is neither. 

I also deleted the integer field, created new field as string, and tried to approve custom object, but got a system error. Therefore I discarded the custom object draft.

pastedImage_1.png

6 REPLIES 6
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Hi Sanford Whiteman, can you advise? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't edit in-place but deleting, approving, re-adding with new type (and same name), reapproving should not be a problem.

MelCommscope
Level 1

I tried this to edit my own custom object fields but I am still getting a system error when I try to delete a field. What else can I try?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Do you see an error while approving the CO post deleting the field? It'd be great if you could share the error type/snapshot of the error dialog that you're seeing.

MelCommscope
Level 1

Here is the error message I am getting after deleting a field.Marketo Error.JPG

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Do you have any service making updates to this CO? Seems like there are multiple entities making updates to the CO. I'd be happy to see if anyone else in the community can shed more light on this. Personally, I haven't come across this error yet while working with the CO.