Re: Easy way to see on avg how many emails a lead receives per month?

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Easy way to see on avg how many emails a lead receives per month?

I know there are different ways to go about pulling this data, but it  is always a very manual process for me,  which make me believe there must be a simpler way to get this info.

Does anyone keep track of this data, and if so what's the best report to use?

Appreciate the help on this!

6 REPLIES 6
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Alexis,

If you're looking for info on a specific lead, then the activity history would be the best place to find that.  You can filter it by Email activity.

If you're looking for a more general count, I would suggest putting together a couple smart lists that you could then subscribe to.  The smart lists would be Was Sent Email > Is Any, and then a constraint for Minimum Number Of Times, and Date Of Activity > in past 30 days.  One list could have all those that received one email, then a list for those that got two, and one for three, etc.

Email reports are going to focus more on how many emails were sent, not necessarily how many were sent to a specific lead.

John

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alexis,

No really easy way. The other, non simple, possibility would be to extract the "email sent" activities through the APIs and count them, the divide by the number of leads whio received at least 1 email.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you have RCE, you may be able to do this with the Lead Analysis + Email Report.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Thanks all. John Clark​, since we don't have RCE, I think subscribing to smartlists as you suggested is great idea.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

I find that the best way to get this type of data is employ the method described in this blog Fun With Data: Count the Number of Form Fills

Create a series of smart lists 1. Received 1 email in the past month; 2. Received 2 emails in the past month, and so on, and then do the math in excel.

Not the most elegant way, but proved to be the most reliable in my experience

Jeremy_Bosch2
Level 2

Ya I agree with Iryna,

I am assuming you are asking this question to make sure you aren't spamming anyone in a specific segment or region.  I use a similar set of smart lists along with communication limits to get a good view of any trends that I need to be aware of for email sends, and to ensure I'm not 'over emailing' anyone.