SOLVED

Easy way to find out how many of your leads are currently traceable?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy way to find out how many of your leads are currently traceable?

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to figure out how many of your known leads are currently traceable (web activity known to Marketo). For example, John Smith is known, but when he visits the page, does marketo know its him? I want to know how many leads we can currently identify if they visit our page.

Best,

Dan
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Easy way to find out how many of your leads are currently traceable?

Hi Dan,

There's not really an easy or accurate way to measure, this, since web activity tracking is dependent on the persistance of a client-side resource, the cookie, which can A) be cleared by them and B)does not persist across multiple browsers or multiple machines.  With that in mind, I'd say the best estimate you could get is probably to create a smart list like this:

Visited Web Page
Web Page is Any
Data of Activity in Past 90 Days

This will give you a count of the number of leads which visited a page and were known in the past ninety days and give at least a reasonable estimate of how many leads are currently being tracked as known.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Dan,

There's not really an easy or accurate way to measure, this, since web activity tracking is dependent on the persistance of a client-side resource, the cookie, which can A) be cleared by them and B)does not persist across multiple browsers or multiple machines.  With that in mind, I'd say the best estimate you could get is probably to create a smart list like this:

Visited Web Page
Web Page is Any
Data of Activity in Past 90 Days

This will give you a count of the number of leads which visited a page and were known in the past ninety days and give at least a reasonable estimate of how many leads are currently being tracked as known.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny, I assumed as much and had already run a similar report. Just curious if there was a way to see how many leads Marketo is currently able to track total. Thanks again.