SOLVED

Easy Determination of where a field is being used

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy Determination of where a field is being used

We are cleaning up some of our Salesforce fields to help better segment our data and some of our existing fields will either be retired (deleted) or used as input to new fields.

I want to find the places in Marketo where a particular field is being used so I don't break things. Ideas?

I did try doing a search instead Campaign Inspector and did some up with results that feel reliable. What I don't know is what that search is not looking at to come up with results. Is Campaign Inspector reliable in this way? Does Marketo have meta data that might help in this cause?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Easy Determination of where a field is being used

Hi Scott, in Admin > Field Management, if you pull up a field you can see everywhere that it's used. In fact, Marketo won't let you hide the field if it's being used anywhere. They thought of ways to prevent breaking the system before we even got to touch it! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Scott, in Admin > Field Management, if you pull up a field you can see everywhere that it's used. In fact, Marketo won't let you hide the field if it's being used anywhere. They thought of ways to prevent breaking the system before we even got to touch it! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Dory. Not sure why I didn't think of that!