SOLVED

Easiest way to track "forward to a friend"?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest way to track "forward to a friend"?

Hello!

I am wondering if there is a simple way to track the "from who" on this.

Say Bob Smith is in my SFDC/Marketo and we sent him an email with the "forward to a friend link". He fills out the pop up window with Jane Doe's contact information.

What is the easiest way for me to see that Bob forwarded this to Jane? Can I somehow get Bob's information in Jane's activity history or set up a specific report? I want to make sure that this new lead will go to the appropriate person.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest way to track "forward to a friend"?

Hi Jennifer:

You can make a smart list with the attribute "Received forward to a friend email" or "sent forward to a friend email"

This should help you understand how well this is working for you.

Best

Jamie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer:

You can make a smart list with the attribute "Received forward to a friend email" or "sent forward to a friend email"

This should help you understand how well this is working for you.

Best

Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

Jamie is right on with the smart list.

There isn't really any way in Marketo for one lead record to automatically affect another, so it's not possible through a smart campaign to take information from one record, Bob's name for example, and write it to Jane's record.

The link below has more information on how you can view the connection between the two records through the information logged in their records.

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/

John

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

is there not a systematical way to pull that id out from the activity info detail?