Easiest way to find items that need updating?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest way to find items that need updating?

I just changed drop-down field options in Salesforce. This is related to lead type and this field is on almost every form/landing page we use in marketo. Is there an easy way to find all forms, campaigns, everything referencing this field so I can update them? Im going through 1 by 1 right now and seems absurd to do it this way. Any ideas? Im sure Im not the first one to have this on their plate.

Thanks
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Easiest way to find items that need updating?

If you go into Admin > Field Management  and select the field you're looking for, it'll show you where it's being used (which forms, specifically). You can then update only those forms and as you're doing those, you'll be able to see which landing pages are using that form, and approve the drafts accordingly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - that's a start. But what about all campaigns that use this field as a trigger or update this field in the flow? Im more concerned about that. 

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be so awesome if Marketo would take a page from Salesforce's book here. So when you update a picklist, it allows you to update and replace values across all assets. With 1 click, all leads/contacts are updated with new value. It looks like the list of forms, LPs, campaigns, etc. using this field will take me an entire day to update one by one. 😞
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

The method I outlined will also show you campaigns using the field.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt's right, looking at the field in Admin will show you every asset that uses it.

Unfortunately there's not a quick way to update the values across your assets and the manual way is your only option.