Re: E-mail add-in for Outlook - Attachment functionality

Anonymous
Not applicable

E-mail add-in for Outlook - Attachment functionality

Believe the answer is no, but want to confirm. If a seller creates a new e-mail in Outlook, attaches a document to the e-mail, and sends the e-mail using the Marketo Send and Track feature, will the attached document be added to the relevant contact in Salesforce? Is that functionality an available feature of the add-in?

Thank you for the assistance.

6 REPLIES 6
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also, if anyone is familiar with Yesware integration, does this offer a similar ability to what Scott Abbate​ is asking above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No this will be added to the Marketo record and then synced over to Salesfroce if you have it set up that way

Julz_James
Level 10

So you're saying that if an MSI email is sent via outlook with an attachment, that attachment will be on the leads record some where?  Where would we see this attachment?

Geoff_Krajeski1

No, I do not believe that is what Jamie Lewis is suggesting, nor is it the behavior we have observed when attempting a test with our instance.

Julz_James
Level 10

Thats what I was thinking...I've never seen that happen before and was wondering if I'd missed some functionality somewhere as this would be awesome if it could happen.

Geoff_Krajeski1

Yes, Juli James it certainly would!