SOLVED

Re: Dynamics Integration. Sync'd Account records into Marketo, removed from Marketo using Smart Campaign, how do I resync the same records back into Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics Integration. Sync'd Account records into Marketo, removed from Marketo using Smart Campaign, how do I resync the same records back into Marketo?

Dynamics 2013 on-prem integrated with Marketo.  I started sync'ing Account records into Marketo and they went successfully as expected.  The business decided to only keep records in Marketo based on a specific attribute's value.  I created a Smart Campaign and removed those records from Marketo successfully.  Now the business would like to restore those records into Marketo but they don't appear to be flowing back into Marketo when I restart the sync or even update data in Dynamics to hopefully trigger the sync.  How would I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dynamics Integration. Sync'd Account records into Marketo, removed from Marketo using Smart Campaign, how do I resync the same records back into Marketo?

If you're not using the synctomkto field to manage what records sync over, then basically everything in Dynamics that's active should come over to Marketo. If you deleted the records from Marketo, they will come back the next time an update is made to one of the fields that you synced on that individual record. Have you already tried doing some kind of update on the record to initiate a resync?

If that's not working, you could also ask support to do a resync, but that will bring all records over, including the ones you already deleted.

Since you have a set of records that you don't want to sync to Marketo, I'd suggest that you consider implementing this synctomkto field. I could not find the Community article on this, so I wrote up some instructions here:  Marketo Custom Sync Filter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say you removed records from Marketo, do you mean that you removed lead/contact records or did you change something with the account info specifically? Are you now using the synctomkto checkbox on your records?

Can you run me through exactly what steps you took?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.  Here are the steps I followed:

1. Setup sync between CRM and Marketo by enabling fields for Account Sync

2. Ran overnight which produced many thousands of records in Marketo

3. Ran a Smart Campaign to delete a subset of these records from Marketo based on a Customer Type attribute

4. After finishing the Smart Campaign, there was a small subset of records left in Marketo.

5. Decided that the Smart Campaign had removed too many records and wanted to restore some of the records that were removed, I assume by allowing the CRM records to resync back into Marketo.  This is where I'm stuck...

To answer your last question, there was no "synctomkto" field created when the system was setup so I am not using this field.  This seems strange to me since this field was setup when the initial CRM solution was installed with Lead and Contact.

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not using the synctomkto field to manage what records sync over, then basically everything in Dynamics that's active should come over to Marketo. If you deleted the records from Marketo, they will come back the next time an update is made to one of the fields that you synced on that individual record. Have you already tried doing some kind of update on the record to initiate a resync?

If that's not working, you could also ask support to do a resync, but that will bring all records over, including the ones you already deleted.

Since you have a set of records that you don't want to sync to Marketo, I'd suggest that you consider implementing this synctomkto field. I could not find the Community article on this, so I wrote up some instructions here:  Marketo Custom Sync Filter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.  I assumed this would be the case and will work with support if this doesn't work.  Thank you!