Dynamically create Lists or Smart Lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically create Lists or Smart Lists

Is there a way to dynamically create Lists or Smart Lists via the REST API or any other way like a Smart Campaign or something?

My Szenario --> I want to trigger the creation of a new (Smart) List whenever a Lead reaches a specific score.

Another Solution to my problem could also be to create a list for every email domain (that has no list yet of course) and add all users that have this email domain to it

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Dynamically create Lists or Smart Lists

Hi Fabian,

No, you cannot (yet) , but as the REST API has been enhanced a lot over the past 2 years, he can hope this will happen soon.

You only can manipulate members of static lists with the end points; http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#/Static_...

-Greg

Keerthana_Shan1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

Is API to create list dynamically is available now.? or still it is under process

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Nope.

What, in terms of business and/or abstract logic, are you actually trying to accomplish? Let's not have an XY problem (where you think you need is a new List, but there are better ways to meet your requirements).

Keerthana_Shan1
Level 2

Thanks Sanford. Let me explain the requirement,

We have multiple Marketing lists in CRM system and each list contains many contacts. we are trying to export this list along with contacts from CRM to Marketo.

During import into Marketo, we want to create a list name dynamically with the same name as list name in CRM and then add the newly created people into this list.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

If you use Salesforce, you could use campaigns for this

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

During import into Marketo, we want to create a list name dynamically with the same name as list name in CRM and then add the newly created people into this list.

Clone a Program using the API, then add the people as members of the Program.