SOLVED

Dynamic forms or two different forms? Hiding fields in a subscription center form by lead segmentation

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Dynamic forms or two different forms? Hiding fields in a subscription center form by lead segmentation

Hi,

I'm building a subscription center and would like to have a couple fields on the form available to only certain customers, such as product updates opt-in. I have already created a segmentation that keeps customers away from everyone else, but what's the best way to have those fields only available to customers?

I'd rather not create a second form and landing page with hard coded links/making every single email dynamic because then we run into the problem of accidentally linking leads to the customer version, or vice versa. Is there any other option?

Is there a way to hide fields on a form/landing page based on a lead segmentation?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Dynamic forms or two different forms? Hiding fields in a subscription center form by lead segmentation

If the segmentation is itself based on a (hidden) field you can add to a form, then yes, add the field and then use Visibility Rules to "segment" the form.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Dynamic forms or two different forms? Hiding fields in a subscription center form by lead segmentation

If the segmentation is itself based on a (hidden) field you can add to a form, then yes, add the field and then use Visibility Rules to "segment" the form.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Sanford Whiteman How would I not display the entire form on the Landing Page to the Default segment?  I just want it displayed to the other segment?  When I drag and drop the form to the segmentation, it is added to both segments.  When I delete the form from the Default or the other segment, it is deleted from the entire landing page.

SanfordWhiteman

That sounds like a slightly different goal and actually easier to accomplish.  Create a new form with its Known Lead HTML set to just an empty DIV.  Have the Default segment use that form.

(To be extra fancy, add a script to remove the entire form if the Known Lead HTML is present. But an empty DIV may be fine for your situation.)

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Easy for you to say  

Thanks for replying, but I'm going to need a bit more direction. 
Are you saying to create a completely new form or just add a form to the Marketo LP via the Designer?  How to I edit its HTML to include the form in an empty DIV?  How do I create an empty DIV?

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry, maybe I was a bit too breezy.  The idea is to create a form that acts as your "no form."  This form has its Known Lead HTML (as set in the Form Editor >> Settings) set to an empty DIV.  When you segment an LP, you're allowed to choose a different form per segment.  So choose this form (which will never show up for known leads) for the Default seg.  Make more sense?