Dynamic email signatures?

Amanda_Amato
Level 1

Dynamic email signatures?

Does anyone have any advice for creating email signatures as dynamic elements of an email? To start, I'd like to be able to plug and play signatures based on who the lead owner is.

While I did find an answer in community regarding this topic (with dynamic segments and snippets), it was almost 3 years old, and I had some trouble executing the suggestions.

Any help is appreciated, thank you! 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Dynamic email signatures?

You should use snippets and tokens in the snippet.

What exactly did not work? You need to have an editable area of the email and then add a snippet to that section. The snippet has to be based on segmentation in order to stamp the right way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question in terms of setting up dynamic signatures for sales insight emails - I used tokens to replicate our email signatures to tie in with salesforce information, as I'm not overly familiar with snippets (it is dependent on the right information being in salesforce for the user profiles)

e.g.

{{leadowner.firstname}} {{leadowner.lastname}}

{{leadowner.title}}

[Company logo]

Email: {{leadowner.email}}

Telephone: {{leadowner.number}}

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The tokenized example Erin Hunter included will work just fine, but the benefit of putting that into a snippet in this scenario could be two-fold:

1) If you have different signature templates that you want to use based on some lead property (like different signatures for different regions) then snippets could allow you to make that tokenized signature dynamic based on a segmentation

2) Even if your signature is not dynamic, a snippet is a useful idea as then you have a single place to edit it if any of the details in the signature ever change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amanda Fischer​  - I moved your post from the Marketing Central part of the site, which is about learning Digital Marketing to the Products and Support

which focuses more on product information