SOLVED

Dynamic content - email send issues

Go to solution
Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Dynamic content - email send issues

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me out :-).

My company are fairly new to dynamic content.

My segments include the following:

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.21.01.png

However, I sent out an email (with dynamic content to the segments I screenshot above) this morning for an invite to an event and noticed in the default email x2 links were dead links (because we hadn't checked the link). My team asked to send this out to just to the default email. Is this even possible? They asked if we could send an email to just default (with a subject line highlighting error) but I would suggest instead to send this out with an updated subject line on all versions, to all segments with the corrected links in the default version.

The send is slightly complex. I ran a drip and nurture for this particular audience that we are sending this out to. so I set it up so that anyone in the engagement program would receive it and anyone who has already registered in the SFDC campaign wouldn't receive an invite since they would have registered for that event.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.23.47.png

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Dynamic content - email send issues

My team asked to send this out to just to the default email. Is this even possible?

Of course, filter the Smart List by EMEA Region Segment = Default.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

My team asked to send this out to just to the default email. Is this even possible?

Of course, filter the Smart List by EMEA Region Segment = Default.

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thank you! That makes sense. How do I determine who (out of the below segments) received the event invite email?

My team want to see how many people from each segment below recieved the email send.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.21.01.png

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Would sent or delivered be a better metric?

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman

Delivered is the closest single answer to the question "who received the email in their Inbox"? Sent emails may not ever leave Marketo's servers.

However, just so you know, Delivered is not exact, since it doesn't account for mail that is quarantined after delivery. C'est la vie.

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Would you suggest a better alternative? Or is that all Marketo can provide?

SanfordWhiteman

Nope, that's all any platform can provide -- I was just pointing out that if someone says "but I never saw that email" you have to understand there are variances, operating after the last hop, that you can't control.