Re: Dynamic Landing Page Based on UTM Parameter

George_Hoffman
Level 3

Dynamic Landing Page Based on UTM Parameter

I would like to have a landing page that changes dynamically based on various UTM parameters that are being passed into a hidden field. Is this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

as a thank you page? Possibly, depends what you want to change.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure.

Segment the LP. Pass {segmentation name}={segment name} in the URL, like utm_source=webinar.

This will work for one-to-one dynamic content. For more complex scenarios, you'll need to use JS to assist in mashing up different content pieces.

George_Hoffman
Level 3

Sorry guys, for some clarity, here is the situation. I need 3 different landing pages to dynamically change based on the URL that the lead came from. This is a custom field I have made called "last external referrer". I have Javascript on the landing pages that pulls that url into a hidden field. Is it possible to dynamically change the images, copy and form on the landing page based on the value that this javascript pulls in?

SanfordWhiteman

You don't need any JS for this (and you didn't need any JS for your hidden field, either, since Marketo forms can AutoFill from  query params automatically).

Please reread my answer. If you segment the LP by a segmentation named utm_source, then the lead will see the appropriately segmented content. This all happens on the Marketo servers, not on the client.

You only need to move up to a scripted solution if you need to intermix/nest segments.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sanford,

That's a nice one

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

My. Favorite. Marketo. Feature.

Brittany_Clark
Level 1

Hi Sanford Whiteman‌ - I know this is so outdated haha, but I am trying to do this for a new campaign with users who do not want javascript. And I understand how to create the segmented snippets, but I can't figure out how to actually create the Segmentation in the database for utm parameters and what the rules will be. I can't approve the segmentation without rules for each segment. Do you have any advice here?

SanfordWhiteman

You can have the same dummy rule for each segment, like utm_param is not empty. The rules are not actually used here.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

If you're not familiar with JS to dynamically populate html elements, you can always try redirects based on the URL and create 3 separate pages to redirect to. 

www.something.com?test=1 -> www.something1.com/1

www.something.com?test=2 -> www.something2.com/2

www.something.com?test=3 -> www.something3.com/3

just an idea, nothing more.