Re: Dynamic Email Content Question

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Dynamic Email Content Question

I currenly use 3 variations for the same email for the sole purpose of including a different signature at the bottom. I'd like to have one email and change the signature dynamically based on a custom field value (lead owner). I am familiar with tokens but I haven't been able to piece this together and I've struck out on finding the right tutorial for this.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I think I have this sorted out by using segment smart lists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do this exact same thing using snippets for the email signature and Segmentation. We call it our "NA Sales Dev" segmentation so that all the emails come form that team even if there's a change in the owner (recycled, passed to a sales rep, sales ops created a contact and didn't reassign, etc.).

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Why don't you just add lead owner first name and lead owner last name tokens?

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I should have mentioned the signature goes beyond first and last name. I'd rather have logic that looks at the lead owner and applies the corresponding signature in its entirety which will be unique for each lead owner (first name, last name, title, phone extension). Sounds like Josh's snippet suggestion is the way to go.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Agree, snippets will work well for this.

I would also make sure every sales rep has all their contact info up to date in SFDC, this is generally a good practice and will make everything cleaner.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Snippets also work well for this. Segmentations are best for Geo or Industry targeting. Could also use for a fairly small Sales team.

As Iryna said, the first and easiest is the Lead Owner tokens. Just make sure your Territories and Users are fully set in SFDC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use a script token to write in different company addresses in the footer, depending of various lead field values. I'm sure this technique could work here. Just be carefully with using script tokens with links.

Email Scripting » Marketo Developers