Re: Dynamic Content

Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Dynamic Content

Hello Community!

We have an upcoming webinar which is set to happen on three different time zones(APAC, EMEA and NA). We need to make an email blast to the targeting segment we have identified. The email content is pretty much the same but the registration link as well as the date & time of the webinar varies by geo. I am confident that there is no need to build three separate emails and that it can be managed within a single email with dynamic content in place, meaning the APAC subscriber would receive the email specific to the APAC and so on. Can anyone assist me on the best way to accomplish this. Thanks is advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi Yash,

If you have Segmentation in place for geo, you can click "Make Dynamic" on an editable area in your email and add content according to geo. 

There is another way of achieving it by celocity script. 

You can choose what's easiest and best way for you. 

Abhinav Saini
Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Thanks @Abhinav_saini 

Would you let me know how I can use the velocity script here please.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To start, you need to have the best-fit IANA Operating Time Zone ("America/New_York" etc.) stored in a string field on your leads (highly recommended for this and other cases)

— or —

you need to choose an IANA Time Zone that's going to be the single reference time zone for each of your Regions, and make sure the Region itself is stored in a field on the lead or can be 100% derived from other lead fields.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can do this, but do you want to? I would send to people at different times based on their area of the world. If you send all at one time, it's going to arrive in off-hours for some/most of the world.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But that's a different question from the datetime-related content of the email, which still can be automatically adjusted per-region.

That is, if someone's in EMEA, you show the webinar time in CET, regardless of when you send to them.