Dynamic Content Based on Actions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Content Based on Actions

If we were to send out an email with multiple links, could we make a followup email that is dynamic based on the various links clicked in that original email?

Could this be done without setting up a segmentation for this send based on the various combinations of outcomes?

Haven't tested the above segmentation but it was the only idea that crossed my mind.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you for your ideas and feedback

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Dynamic Content Based on Actions

Hi Josh,

Can be done with 3 smart lists and a choice in the "send email" flow step, rather than a dynamic content.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

With just three pieces of content to chose between there are seven different possible combinations of followup content.

The three was just for example so I'm not sure how this would scale up or how setting up three smart lists with a choice flow would work.

But this was something we had considered but we were not a fan of making all the various messages to make it work.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

That's a good point. I had not understood the first question completely.

The only alternative is 3 follow-up email, one for each content, and if the lead clicks 2 links he receives 2 follow-up, 3 clicks 3 follow-up. Not fabulous, I concur, but I do not have a better idea for the moment

-Greg

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Josh,

If there are seven possible combinations, you could set up seven Smart Lists to record each of the possible engagement combinations, and then use a recurring Smart Campaign to send the email over the span of time that the campaign is active to send the right email to the lead based on the action(s) they took. 

Depending upon whether they can receive different follow ups with additional activity, you could set this recurring campaign to run the lead once for the campaign or run once every X days and traffic cop the follow up emails to ensure that they don't get sent the same email twice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a little more demanding of my time than I would really like to invest for each followup.  I was hoping there could be a solution that I could build out that would work for any number of possibilities and maybe for any type of campaign.

The three content was just an example but if we had four pieces I believe the number of combinations would jump up to fifteen and it's only exponential from there, I forget the equation.

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

i have a similar task that i'm trying to solve.

we want to alter the contence of our educational emails depending on whether or not the lead opened previous one and if he did, which links he clicked

i'm trying to do this with custom objects --> create 1 for every campaing with

open email1 yes/no

open email2 yes/no

open email3 yes/no + click link fields

but it's too complex for my liking - if there is an easier  way to handle this, i'd be grateful for any hints