Duplicate leads in separate partitions not being correctly written to

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Duplicate leads in separate partitions not being correctly written to

We have a situation where different business units in our instance have separate partitions. Due to some overlap in the industry, we frequently have duplicates that exist separately in two or more of these partitions. (This is intentional, since they are essentially a different target.)

However, we are having a problem where an existing prospect will fill out a form for a specific business unit, but the data will be appended to the lead in our other partition. This is a problem because then the lead won't run through the flows to receive confirmation emails, alerts won't be sent, etc. In other words, someone will fill out a form for a demo, but will never get a call since the wrong lead was updated. It makes that lead look really busy, while the same individual under a different partition looks like they aren't interested in the other business unit, when in fact they are. 

It looks like this:
A - Global (original default partition before other partitions existed)
A - (same company name as the global one)
B - (separate business unit #1)
C - (separate business unit #2)

The "A - Global" partition is being favored, at the cost of these other business units. My question is could this be solved by exporting all leads from the default partition and assigning those leads an A, B, or C business unit into which they'd be uploaded? Basically, the A - Global would only house folders and programs, but NO leads. Are there any unintended consequences to this? Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Duplicate leads in separate partitions not being correctly written to

I'd speak with Support on this. This situation does happen with LPs but I thought it only happened if the lead filled in a form in WS A when the lead was in WS B.

How are your Workspaces and LPs matched up? Is it 1-1?
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Re: Duplicate leads in separate partitions not being correctly written to

It's not 1-1, but that is what I'd like to move it to. It was set up where the default WS houses most of the LPs, and the more recently created WSs only house those LPs that pertain to them. I think there is some partition overlap that doesn't need to happen, and reorganizing those will probably be our best bet. 

The idea of removing and re-uploading leads elsewhere, upon closer inspection, would have produced major problems with losing data, creating duplicates in SFDC, and having high-score leads reroute. This might be an issue that's not easily solved on a community post, so I may just reach out to support like you said. Thanks!