SOLVED

Re: Dupes from initial SFDC sync?

Go to solution
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Dupes from initial SFDC sync?

Here's the background: We've been running Marketo standalone for a year. Have 'solid' data and a years worth of activity history and all the goods. We've been using Dynamics CRM for a few years. We're moving to SFDC (YAY!) and our go-live date is on 8/12/13.

I realize the inital sync will write everything from SFDC over to Marketo. Our SFDC will be loaded with all the data from our old CRM, etc then we'll sync. 

On the initial sync everything from SFDC will sync over to Marketo. This will obviously create some duplicates that are already duplicated in SFDC because contacts my live on multiple accounts. Ex. kimi.fowler@hyland.com is a contact on two different accounts in SFDC so when the initial sync happens both of those sync over to Marketo as two records. I believe we will also be using the account role custom object - can this help me remedy my duplicate problem?

And what if kimi.fowler@hyland.com is already a lead in Marketo? That person will remain in Marketo and then the multiple kimi.fowler@hyland.com from SFDC will then exist in Marketo. I have a feeling there will be SO MANY duplicates. And then among the duplicates are there some that should remain duplicates because they are contacts on different accounts?

I don’t want to mass delete our Marketo database before the sync and lose all that activity history.

There are probably a whole bunch of questions to spawn off of this one but it is certainly keeping me up at night. Any guidance?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimi,
Marketo's EasyMerge service is designed to help address the issue that you've outlined above.  Send an email to services@marketo.com and they will be glad to get the process started.
Best,
Graham

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimi,
Marketo's EasyMerge service is designed to help address the issue that you've outlined above.  Send an email to services@marketo.com and they will be glad to get the process started.
Best,
Graham

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kimi,

If you can't merge the records in SFDC before syncing, then you might have to do a big deduping project as Graham suggests.

Do you have demand tools or an intern? 🙂
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Graham and Josh.

Josh, we just purchased Cloudingo and have a database administrator focusing on data and deduping but we know we won't get all the dupes cleaned up before go-live.