Drip not deploying properly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drip not deploying properly

Hey guys,

I have a drip campaign that I set up based on a trigger that says if a person has a certain status in SalesForce (new, working, nurture) and a specific product of interest, then they are to be entered into this stream. However, I also set up parameters to exclude people who have a similar salesforce status, but who were already included in a previous stream.

Today was meant to be Day 1 of the new stream deploying, but I'm finding under the 'results' tab that people are being entered and then being 'skipped'. So I'm not sure if I set something up incorrectly in my flow or not. I know that there are definitely a good amount of people who should have received the email today because they have the correct SalesForce statuses - but didn't. I've included screenshots and hope someone can help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Drip not deploying properly

Hi Sarah,

The first rule of EP is to avoid using triggers and transition rules, but to use batches instead. They provide better control and the fixed cast dates and time accommodate very well with the batch campaigns.

Anyway, you need to create smart lists that clearly define candidates for each stream and in the flow use choices with the following logic:

• is member of smart list "candidate to Stream 3" add to stream 3...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thank you. So if it runs in batches - rather than a trigger - then how will that affect the schedule I have for the streams? Because I thought with the trigger it would automatically feed people into my stream, which is deployed once a week. Also, if we don't have triggers then will I have to manually add people to the smart list each time? Like if sales adjusts someones status in salesforce to 'nurture' then the batch won't be set up to include them in it unless I manually add them - right?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

then how will that affect the schedule I have for the streams?

It will not affect them. Just plan the batch to run daily, a couple of hours before the cast hour and you will be fine.

if we don't have triggers then will I have to manually add people to the smart list each time?

Come on, you know you cannot add leads manually to a smart list

If the sales changes the status, the corresponding person will automatically be selected you smart list and will be picked by the following batch. The whole trick is to set up the smart lists accurately.

-Greg