SOLVED

Drag & Drop Custom Sections of HTML ("Include" / "iframe" kinda)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drag & Drop Custom Sections of HTML ("Include" / "iframe" kinda)

I'm looking to create custom sections of code to have placed on various landing pages — kind of like you can insert a form on a page as a "container".

For the technically inclined, I'm essentially looking to do an "include", in a way. There is a standard section of HTML that I want to be able to drag and drop onto a landing page and want to be able to drop multiple sections underneath each other, if possible.

Any help?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drag & Drop Custom Sections of HTML ("Include" / "iframe" kinda)

This is what I was looking for!

Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Specially the section about creating an editable "snippet" section so that I can drag and drop snippets into.

I wonder if it will let me place multiple snippets there or if I have to add a snippet section for each one that I need . . .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny,

I've looked into Snippets but a) I can't quite figure out how they work and b) I understand they work around segmentation.

In my case, I don't want any segmentation, just a default reusable piece of code . . .

I'm also using a custom landing page template — do snippets work for custom templates?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Snippets are just reusable pieces of content which can be embedded in landing pages or emails.  You can optionally segment them, but it is not required.  You can add them at the page level, but not at the template level.

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi David,

Segments and Snippets are two different things. as per my understanding all you want to add is a particular section like footer or header in your LP's.

In that case all you need to do is to create a Snippets and call them directly in the LP's while editing and then adjust them in one of your Div's.

Please find the DOC's below that might help you:

Segmentation and Snippets - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ravi, I am now aware. I was informed that snippets had to be used with segments but apparently that was incorrect.

My response below contains the correct answer that I was looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I was looking for!

Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Specially the section about creating an editable "snippet" section so that I can drag and drop snippets into.

I wonder if it will let me place multiple snippets there or if I have to add a snippet section for each one that I need . . .