SOLVED

Downloaded Email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Downloaded Email

I have a downloaded email link and need to it to our database. How do you I import our partners email into Marketo. All I have is a link, not html. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Downloaded Email

I think that Kelly has a link to a partner email (Meaning a link to a web version of the email) and she wants to import that into Marketo.

So I am guessing that you want to recreate that email in Marketo, is that correct?

I know that you mentioned that you do not have the HTML, but if you have a link to the email, you can view and grab the HTML.
  1. Simply click on the link to view the email.
  2. Then right click (or CMD click) in that webpage.
  3. You should see an option to "View page source" or "view source code". Select that option.
  4. You should see the HTML for the email. Highlight and copy that code.
  5. Create a new email in Marketo using the BLANK template.
  6. The email should open to the editor page.
  7. Once the blank email opens, double click the editable area in the body section.
  8. This iwll open a WYSIWYG editor
  9. Click the little "HTML" button in the middle of the editor. (This will switch to handle straight HTML.)
  10. Paste the HTML from step 4 into this box.
  11. Click save, then preview your email
  12. You should have recreated your partner email in Marketo
I hope this was helpful!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you be more specific?

Import a list would be my first thought. Not sure what you mean by a link or html in this context.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that Kelly has a link to a partner email (Meaning a link to a web version of the email) and she wants to import that into Marketo.

So I am guessing that you want to recreate that email in Marketo, is that correct?

I know that you mentioned that you do not have the HTML, but if you have a link to the email, you can view and grab the HTML.
  1. Simply click on the link to view the email.
  2. Then right click (or CMD click) in that webpage.
  3. You should see an option to "View page source" or "view source code". Select that option.
  4. You should see the HTML for the email. Highlight and copy that code.
  5. Create a new email in Marketo using the BLANK template.
  6. The email should open to the editor page.
  7. Once the blank email opens, double click the editable area in the body section.
  8. This iwll open a WYSIWYG editor
  9. Click the little "HTML" button in the middle of the editor. (This will switch to handle straight HTML.)
  10. Paste the HTML from step 4 into this box.
  11. Click save, then preview your email
  12. You should have recreated your partner email in Marketo
I hope this was helpful!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Scott- it worked!