Download assets with one form and one landing page

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Download assets with one form and one landing page

Hi,

I've set up a resource form and asset page based on this URL Parameter solution (https://community.marketo.com/marketodiscussiondetail?id=90650000000PR6QAAW), but it seems as if the timing is off. The form picks up the parameter, but it doesn't populate the field in time for the segmentation to be applied. Has anyone else tried this solution and got around the timing issue? It seems just a split second too slow, and there is no parameter filter that I can apply to the segmentation.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to do a one form, one page resource download, that would be great.

Thanks

Natali
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Download assets with one form and one landing page

Hi Natali, is the issue in the follow up email, or in the thank you page that they're receiving? The discussion that you've referenced is older, and there have been many improvements in Forms 2.0, and also in Marketo overall that might help you to achieve what you're looking to do more easily. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you are using a segmentation in this, then try a Wait Step, but that will only work for an Email. If you pass the Lead to a Page immediately, the segmentation won't be triggered quickly enough.

You might try redirecting to several pages depending on the field (which I know Eric did not recommend).

You could try a My Token that is depdendent on the field selection as that will be instantaneous.
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Dory - it's to the landing page. None of the new features are helping in this instance as it's a timing thing.

Josh - yes a segmentation is populating the page based on the parameter that is passed through. I thought about a wait step, but I don't want leads to wait for a page to load. Same with several pages - bad user experience.

How would the token work?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Natali, would it be possible to have a hidden field on the form that will capture that URL parameter, and then pick a Thank You page based on the value in that field?

0EM50000000SQy0.jpg
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

That would entail creating a separate landing page for each parameter, where I would rather have just one for ease of tracking and updates. And I think the timing issue would still exist as the field would not be updated by the parameter in time.