SOLVED

Re: Double Opt-In Guidelines in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Opt-In Guidelines in Marketo

Hello,

does anyone have detailed guidelines on how best to implement the Double-Opt in in Marketo?
I've gone through several of the discussions here, but they all seem to provide a different way of implementing it.

Does Marketo have such a documentation?

Many thanks!!

Best regards

Ioulia
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loulia,
from the legal point of view you don't need a checkbox, it's enough when people click on the Double Opt-In link. And I would recommend to save it in a custom field.

Timestamp would be "change Data Value" and {{system.dateTime}} to set the current system time. This is legally required for a Double Opt-In in Germany.

Important: Test it!

Best regards

Steffen

PS: We will have our first Munich User Group Meeting on 26th of June. Save the date, you will receive an invitation next days.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I think it would be helpful to know what you think is so different? It's always sending out an email with a link and tracking it with a second Smart Campaign. I had a customer who wanted to have modified a data field to "yes" and another one who wanted to manage it with a list. I would prefer the data field.
Important, because you are also from Germany: Set a timestamp on a custom field to track the Double Opt-In date!

When you ask more detailed maybe you get better answers.

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steffen,

thank you.

I was lookign into the discussions here, and some people are using the Marketing Suspended field, others create a custom, some are only tracking the click of the email, while others require a checkbox confirmation on a form on a LP...

Therefore i have been confused, and wwas wondering how does marketo handles it...

With regards to the timestamp, could you please provide some details on how you do this?

Many thanks again,

Ioulia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loulia,
from the legal point of view you don't need a checkbox, it's enough when people click on the Double Opt-In link. And I would recommend to save it in a custom field.

Timestamp would be "change Data Value" and {{system.dateTime}} to set the current system time. This is legally required for a Double Opt-In in Germany.

Important: Test it!

Best regards

Steffen

PS: We will have our first Munich User Group Meeting on 26th of June. Save the date, you will receive an invitation next days.