SOLVED

Does the Random Sample flow step work in a Trigger campaign?

Go to solution
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Re: Does the Random Sample flow step work in a Trigger campaign?

I take it back. I remember now....it was that if you had people flowing through ANY trigger program, you couldn't have a random sample in the flow step, since people would be flowing through one-by-one and Marketo wasn't smart enough to alternate them based on the random sample logic. That's the advice I was given at the time.

That does contradict the answer above so I'd be interested to see if that's actually true or not.

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

I know this is thread is a bit old, but I think this topic is unclear to a lot of people (including myself until recently), so I wanted to post. Phillip is correct. Random sample should not be used in a trigger campaign...only batch and recurring. For context, we are using random sample in a lead assignment round robin for leads where the territory isn't known. Here is what I was told yesterday by Marketo support:

"It appears your team is requesting the campaign and using the trigger function to filter records into the flow. Because trigger campaigns process one lead at a time instead of evaluating the entire group at once it's going to give you these inconsistent results. If your team can convert the campaign to a reoccurring batch or on-demand batch campaign this will evaluate the group of leads as a whole and distribute them more evenly."

The trigger for us was firing upon lead creation, which randomizes that sample of 1 each time, and the results became skewed and very apparent that it isn't an even way of distributing leads at random.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like your advice.

I have done an email blast.

As I did not want sales people to receive all the MQL's at the same time  I switch off that alert.

• Then I transfer all the MQL leads to a list and from them call the from a Batch campaign with the random filter. I have tried 2 for 2 times at 12 an at 13. It worked great.

below it is the second run as I excluded the ones already sent to sales in the 1st run

pastedImage_1.png

I wanted to automatized this so I put a trigger in the batch campaign so that when a person  reaches MQL and it's added to that list  gets send to Sales ( as the random filter is 10... I am not sure how this will work....

Any advice?

pastedImage_2.png

Then to make sure the All sales areas receive the same % of lead I am creating segmentation. Any advice on how to set this up?