Does test campaign flow operate same as live campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does test campaign flow operate same as live campaign?

I've tried changing the progression a few times and I'm a bit unclear on whether or not I've done it properly. I've separated out my campaigns as follows:

(1) Email sent, open, clicked - there are 3 batch efforts, I didn't segment by type of activity as this is a roadshow and the only thing that would stop me from sending an additional email is the filling out of the RSVP form.
(2) RSVP form is filled out - this is a triggered email
(3) Reminder Email is a batch email that is going to be sent 2 days prior to the event for anyone who have RSVP'd.

In the test environment I am receiving (3) the reminder email even though I have not filled out the form. Should that be happening?

Thanks for any light you can shed.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does test campaign flow operate same as live campaign?

The reminder email shouldn't be sent to you if you haven't filled out the form.  Here are a few places to troubleshoot:
  • Are you receiving the reminder email from Campaign #3, or is this content in another email somewhere?  If you've cloned emails you may have inadvertently left the content unchanged, resulting in for example the clicked email containing the Reminder content
  • Are you only using one lead record for the testing?  I'd recommend looking at the lead activity information during testing.  Often clients use the same email address for different tests and get confused by this.  
  • Whats the criteria for the Reminder Email campaign?  Look at this again, carefully, then look at the record sent the reminder email.  There is possibly an issue with the logic in how this lead is getting qualified.
Hope that helps