SOLVED

Re: Does lead scoring happen automatically?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does lead scoring happen automatically?

Two questions actually:

Does lead scoring happen automatically for new campaigns or do I need to explicitly enter scoring in flow steps?

I dont see any of my scoring tokens in new campaigns when I try to use them - what am I missing in terms of steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can just clone one of the original scoring smart campaigns and apply the custom filters or custom score flow step from there. Just note that leads can now receive scoring for both campaigns if they meet both criteria.

The tokens for scoring will still be on the program level, not the smart campaign. But you don't need the tokens necessarily, you could just place a flow step of "change score: +2". It is just easier to manage global scoring if you use one program and use it's tokens.

Search your instance for "Scoring - standard edition" or something similar.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Devraj_Grewal

You need to explicitly enter scoring into flow steps. We have our instance designed where we have global scoring under one default program and use those program tokens. We have several smart campaigns under that default program for each scoring action (ex. visits web page, fills out form, etc.)

By having global scoring, it's one less step you need to enter into other smart campaigns, causing clutter, and you only need to navigate to one area for scoring changes (the program's tokens).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out this help page: Simple Scoring - Marketo Docs - Product Docs . Most Marketo instances have a designated operational Program that does global scoring such as click a link or filled out a form. If you're using scoring tokens in that Program, they would only exist in that Program and would not be available in your campaign programs. It is possible for you to create scoring tokens in any program though.

Devraj_Grewal

Also The Definitive Guide to Lead Scoring  is a great resource.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! So there's "automatic scoring" of sorts because we have an OP

scoring program that is global that scores across the board for those

particular behavior triggers but if a specific campaign requires custom

scoring then I create a token in that campaign?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Devraj Grewal <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Devraj_Grewal

You can just clone one of the original scoring smart campaigns and apply the custom filters or custom score flow step from there. Just note that leads can now receive scoring for both campaigns if they meet both criteria.

The tokens for scoring will still be on the program level, not the smart campaign. But you don't need the tokens necessarily, you could just place a flow step of "change score: +2". It is just easier to manage global scoring if you use one program and use it's tokens.

Search your instance for "Scoring - standard edition" or something similar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't necessarily have to create token in that case. If my users see a need to bump up scores as the global score isn't sufficient (certain webinars rank differently than others as an example), they will just use a smart campaign to change score +X.