SOLVED

Does form.submit() have a fail as well?

Go to solution
Lukas_Meier
Level 2

Does form.submit() have a fail as well?

when looking at the api

https://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms/api-reference/#:~:text=.submit()

there does not seem to be a way to fail?

I probably have  a way to fail safely before as I run a catpcha verification before submission, so if that fails, I just reopen the form.

use case is that I prevent double submission of forms by disabling the submit after a user submits.

Now if connection drops, or connection is bad, and believe there is bad routers / isp spotty internetz

submission can fail, but now the users cannot resubmit even if getting internet again.

as said I can work around it probably via the catpcha verification... just asking

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does form.submit() have a fail as well?

I probably have  a way to fail safely before as I run a catpcha verification before submission, so if that fails, I just reopen the form.

use case is that I prevent double submission of forms by disabling the submit after a user submits.

Now if connection drops, or connection is bad, and believe there is bad routers / isp spotty internetz

submission can fail, but now the users cannot resubmit even if getting internet again.

as said I can work around it probably via the catpcha verification... just asking

Adding a network/server error handler to Marketo Forms

I don't understand what you mean by "[re]CAPTCHA verification before submission," though. You must only verify reCAPTCHA on the server side, via a webhook.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Adding a network/server error handler to Marketo Forms

I don't understand what you mean by "[re]CAPTCHA verification before submission," though. You must only verify reCAPTCHA on the server side, via a webhook.

Lukas_Meier
Level 2

I'll accept without verifying if it works

I meant "captcha token request" not verification.