SOLVED

Re: Does deleting a list delete the leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does deleting a list delete the leads?

A few months ago I created an email for a client, and they provided me with a suppression list of 12,000 email addresses. I uploaded this and referenced it as a BLACKLIST in their program to ensure their email wasn't sent out to these people.

A month after the email had gone, I deleted the list (by right clicking on it and deleting list), as I presumed this would delete all the leads. (I am self taught at this Marketo game)

pastedImage_9.png

My question is: Are the 12,000 leads STILL classed as marketable leads on Marketo? (we do not use Marketo with a CRM)

As I deleted a list BUT not the leads. The screenshot below is from one of those leads, and this is all the info I have on each of the leads I uploaded. There are 12,000 of these leads, with just this info, they are not my leads to use so if Marketo is classing them as MARKETABLE leads I need to get rid don't I??

pastedImage_2.png

TIA 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, it does not delete the lead.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No, it does not delete the lead.

-Greg

Michaela_Iery3
Marketo Employee

Hi, Karla:

Gregoire is corrrect - deleting a list does not delete the lead. To delete the leads, you can run a smart list to find those leads and then use a flow action to "Delete Leads" that are on the smart list. Be very cautious that you are only deleting the undesired leads.