Re: Does communication limits affect Sales Insight emails?

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I just had an MSI email go through NOT obeying the comms limit

Geoff_Krajeski1

Further update: The third email in the day (1 beyond our comms limit) was sent via the Marketo MSI templated email option via SFDC.

It is evident that the communication limit IS NOT obeyed when using the MSI plugins either in SFDC or the email plugins for Outlook and Gmail.

Anyone reading this, please vote for this idea:

Mike Reynolds Steven Vanderberg Kiersti Esparza Roxann McGlumphy Kenneth Law : Could we PLEASE get some definitive documentation on this? Or perhaps we can get an explanation as to why this is allowed?

I suppose that the ability to track sales emails that are not marketing related is the possible intent behind allowing this to happen, which would make sense.

However, can we suggest a way to disallow sending of templated emails for MSI that should not be allowed to exceed communication limits?

I do not understand why we have the ability to configure MSI to respect Unsubscribe Settings but not Communication Limits!

Geoff_Krajeski1

Furthermore, it would be silly to need to add a [non]interesting moment that someone has reached the communications limit to alert the sales team to NOT email the person with this tool, but this seems to be the only option right now!

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Geoff,

Please open a support case on this issue so we can investigate whether this behavior is expected or not.