Re: Does communication limits affect Sales Insight emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does communication limits affect Sales Insight emails?

If I set communication limits (in administration setup) to X per day and Y per week, I know this will limit the email communications from campaigns, but will it limit the number of emails sent to a user through SFDC Sales Insight / send with Marketo?  Will it also consider emails sent through Outlook using the Marketo plug-in?

You would think this would be covered in Marketo's standard communication limit documentation.  Oh well.

Sincerely,

Carl
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carl,
Communication limits do not affect emails sent through Sales Insight (including emails sent through the Outlook Plugin).

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what I figured.  Compliance will love this answer...  LOL

Carl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will,

This is not true. I just tested this and the Sales Insight emails were not sent because of communication limits.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Sales Insight sends will be blocked by communication limits. Will emails sent out of Outlook be blocked as well? I can't remember what IP address these mails send from...it's either our internal IP or our Marketo IP.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I know I have gotten mixed answers from support on this in the past.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Can we bump this up again to get a definitive answer.

Rich_Flaherty
Level 1

Was there an answer here?

Abaran
Level 5

Marketo Support

Can you provide a definitive answer? Do the communications limits apply to emails send using MSI?

Thanks

Axel

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

I recently submitted a support ticket about this, and about needing to remove communication limits for employees (which is not possible). This is the Marketo Support response re: sales insight communication limits. Hope it is helpful to you all!

Communication limits apply to sales insight emails with an exception:
"Any sales insight emails without the unsubscribe footer and alerts, or those sent through the Sales Insight email plug-ins for Outlook or Gmail." Here is some further information on Communication Limits here that maybe helpful as well (https://nation.marketo.com/blogs/marketowhisperer/2015/10/09/how-do-communication-limits-work).

Abaran
Level 5

Thanks