Re: Does anyone have a plugin for a calendar invite to use in a Marketo email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a plugin for a calendar invite to use in a Marketo email?

I'm trying to send an email out to my list that allows them to add a calendar reminder for the event we are promoting in the email.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hello Mary,

Here are some instructions for adding a calendar event file (.ics) to your Marketo email
Create calendar event: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L555CAC
Include calendar file in email: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L9zxCAC

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the updated docs to the reference material above, but I am having trouble finding the token that are being used in the example that allow for the date and time to be pulled in.

Create a Calendar Event (.ics) File - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Specifically, the {{my.EventDate}} and {{my.EventTime}}.

Do i need to create those somewhere else first, before I can pull them into the body of my calendar invite?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Val!  It's very helpful!  I'm unable to find my token that I created to include in the email... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mary

Valerie_Armstro

Where are you unable to find it...in the program or when you are in the email editor?  If it isn't showing up in the program under my tokens, create a new one and be sure to click the save button before navigating away.  In the email editor, search for {{my. and see if it pops up.
Josh_Hill13

You have to create this in the Program>My Tokens

Pull in Calendar and name it like "Calendar Link" then edit it so it has the date and info you want.

Then put in the email or page as {{my.Calendar Link}} which will then populate as "Add to Calendar"

There is a discussion recently about how to do this with a button as you cannot change the anchor text.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys!

I've created the token in my program, but it won't pop up in the email editor.  Do I have to create the email under the program?  RIght now I just create the email based off of the template thats in the design studio, not necessarily under the event program I have.  Would that make a difference?

Thanks!
Valerie_Armstro

I believe for the calendar token to appear in the email editor, the email must be in that program.