SOLVED

Re: Does Marketo auto trim imported lists?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Marketo auto trim imported lists?

I noticed something very odd happening with my (non) smart lists when I import a CSV. I started with ~18k rows in a CSV, and after I imported this into a non-smart list the number of leads I get in Marketo is correct. After a few min I checked back at the list and now it's suddenly ~17k leads, then after about 5min it's down to ~14k. Does anyone know what's causing this? Is Marketo automatically trimming the list for some unknown reason? If it is, what leads are getting trimmed?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This is strange for imported leads to be removed from a list that you've created. A couple of ideas... There would need to be a smart campaign removing them, or something is happening maybe within your CRM.

• Do you have anything running for duplicate removal?
  • Have you tried running a smart list "was added to/removed from YOUR LIST" and then looked at the activity logs to see if there was a smart campaign removing them from the list?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This is strange for imported leads to be removed from a list that you've created. A couple of ideas... There would need to be a smart campaign removing them, or something is happening maybe within your CRM.

• Do you have anything running for duplicate removal?
  • Have you tried running a smart list "was added to/removed from YOUR LIST" and then looked at the activity logs to see if there was a smart campaign removing them from the list?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory

I created a smart list to check for "was removed from list" but found none.

I didn't run anything for duplicate removal myself but it could be automatic, or set up by a colleague. How would I check if something like that is running in the background?

Thanks.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

It likely wouldn't be in Marketo.. maybe in your CRM? But the list shouldn't get smaller on its own based on anything that Marketo is doing natively.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kevin,

That would show in the campaign queue, likely, since it does not seem to be that immediate.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see anything in the campaign queue, but upon re-importing the same .CSV, the problem is now solved. Not sure what was causing the auto-trim earlier though.

Thanks.