SOLVED

Re: Do you use lead status programs in conjunction with lead scoring programs?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you use lead status programs  in conjunction with lead scoring programs?

Hi There,  we have just revamped our behavioral and demographic lead scoring programs. I'm wondering though if we should also implement a lead status program as well so we can explicitly move lead status from Known --> Engaged --> MQL and so on based on a combination of behavioral and demographic scores? Any best practices or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi ayca Yuksel​ - what do you currently use Lead Status for? In the Marketo instances I've managed, Lead Status was a field that sales reps would update. We'd then use those updates in Marketo to change Lifecycle Statuses. For example, here's my current triggers for updating Lifecycle Status to SAL:

pastedImage_0.png

I can't think of any sales-rep updated Lead Status that would have an impact on moving a lead from Known -> Engaged -> MQL, if you're using a standard lead lifecycle.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi ayca Yuksel​ - what do you currently use Lead Status for? In the Marketo instances I've managed, Lead Status was a field that sales reps would update. We'd then use those updates in Marketo to change Lifecycle Statuses. For example, here's my current triggers for updating Lifecycle Status to SAL:

pastedImage_0.png

I can't think of any sales-rep updated Lead Status that would have an impact on moving a lead from Known -> Engaged -> MQL, if you're using a standard lead lifecycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you use lead status programs  in conjunction with lead scoring programs?

Hi David, thank you for responding.  We currently map our marketing funnel stages to lead status - Known, Engaged, etc... so I'm wondering if I should update those lifecycle stages periodically per lead based on accumulated demographic and behavioral scores?  SAL is for sales-rep to update just as you said.  I'm wondering about the earlier stages?

Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Hi ayca Yuksel​,

I can see the demographic score and behavioral scores being used in combination to determine MQL status, but I would like more clarity about how you want to use demographic score to determine the other lead stages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sara, currently I dont use the demo and beha scores for the earlier stages. I'm wondering if I should be? perhaps the answer is just to focus on MQL.

Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Are known and engaged your two earlier stages? If so, how are you defining people in those stages? When I think of known, I think of a lead that is no longer anonymous because he or she filled out a form, for example. I think of engaged as a stage for leads who are interacting with marketing material, but they aren't qualified. In that sense, I wouldn't use demographic score for those stages. The way we use demographic score is in combination with our behavioral score to determine if a lead should be sent to sales. If a lead has a high demographic score, they can have a lower behavioral score to hit our threshold to send to sales.  Does that help?