Re: Do you send all inquiries to your CRM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

We launched a model in 2011 and have been working on revamping it for a few months now. Our original scoring model was a 1x single score based on explicit data only. We want to move to a explicit + implicit model. We originally started this work when we had different sales leadership in place, and when our reps weren't selling as consultatively as they are now. So, with new leaders, new sales standards and new sales processes, we're revising the model, and that's why it's coming up.

Our initial attempt to sync Marketo to our instance of Dynamics never fully came to light. In my funnel, I can see inquiries, I can see opportunities and I can see closes. I have no picture of the middle part of the process. We need to clean up and standardize a lot of stuff along the way, so I guess that's why I'm more open to letting the top of the funnel be wide open, since we have a lot of work to do on the middle and bottom parts too.

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

I am a fan of syncing all leads to CRM, and then holding them in a queue until they qualify for handoff

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

I agree with you.

There is one difficulty with this method though, which is that you have to redesign complex workflows for lead assignment when they become mature.

The reason is because Marketo does not trigger again SFDC lead assignment rules on lead update. It only does it on lead creation.

Hence the idea that would save very significant time on Marketo implementation projects where assignment rules are already in place on SFDC side:

-Greg

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I like the fact that lead assignment can also be triggered in Mkto. I needed to put leads through a round robin only under certain circumstances and Mkto gave me that flexibility -  I set up a two-tier round robin in Mkto (two separate triggered campaigns based on two sets of actions) and it is working as expected.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

I understand your points.

Nevertheless, there are many organizations where lead assignment falls under sales responsibility. And you do not want sales to have to come to set up smart campaigns in Marketo It' a kind of separation of duties and separation of tools.

Another scenario is that lead assignment responds to very complex and changing business rules that apply not only to Marketo sourced leads but also to some other sources (such as third party telemarketing agencies entering the leads directly in SFDC through API or a portal). These scenarios have been set up far before Marketo was introduced in the organization through complex custom development in SFDC.

In all those case, lead assignment will be left to SFDC. Marketo will manage lead status changes and status changes will trigger lead routing.

-Greg