Do you move assets? The UX team would love to hear from you!

Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

Do you move assets? The UX team would love to hear from you!

The UX team is learning more about why users move assets throughout their instance. If you have a moment, please answer the following questions in a response below. If you prefer, you can also reach out directly at ccarlson@adobe.com 

1. Why and when do you move assets from one workspace to another? 
  2. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the design studio? 
  3. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the lead database? 

We truly appreciate all your feedback, thank you!   

9 REPLIES 9
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Do you move assets? The UX team would love to hear from you!

1. Why and when do you move assets from one workspace to another? Usually cloning program templates from one to another, it enables us to maintain a single central repository of program templates rather than multiples across all workspaces.
  2. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the design studio? Usually only from Design Studio > Marketing Activities, usually only because it shouldn't be in Design Studio and I'm tidying up. 
  3. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the lead database? Usually only Database > Marketing activities, usually only because it shouldn't be in Database and I'm tidying up.

Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

Thank you Grace!

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

~ If by any chance we want to use the same template in another workspace then we move the assets.
  2. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the design studio? 
    ~ When we want to make the assets global instead of using it under the specific marketing campaigns
  3. Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the lead database? 
    ~ I never did this and I really don't have any idea which assets can be moved to database
Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

Thanks, Sant!

Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

1. Item was accidentally created in wrong workspace
    2. Plans changed and another group will be managing/editing the program/assets
    3. Cloning to mimic a past program that was originally created in another workspace
    4. Wishful thinking: While it currently isn't possible to move a program that has members (i.e. email send program that already went out), as we create/retire workspaces based on org structure changes (we pretty much have a workspace for each separate department) it would be nice to be able to move programs into the relevant workspace.
    5. Note: We create some things in the default workspace (so we can better manage centrally) and then share out to the other workspaces - so it isn't moving them, but still making them available to the other workspaces
    1. I don't think we have ever done this. I can't imagine a reason to do so - we only put things in design studio because they can't currently be built in Marketing Activities (e.g. images and email templates).
    1. I don't think we have ever done this. We try to build any lists/smart lists that would be referenced by multiple programs in the Lead Database from the get-go.
Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

Thank you Beth!

Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

@Beth_Massura you mentioned sharing things from the default workspace to the other workspaces. Do you use the share folder functionality?

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Yessss! Moving assets - I feel like they should give awards for how many times you move an asset 

Why and when do you move assets from one workspace to another? N/A

Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the design studio? Rarely. If we do, it's because we were testing something and ended up keeping the test so wanted to put it in the right place.
Why and when do you move assets between marketing activities and the lead database? Never done this. We play around with moving email assets and programs more than anything else because there are repercussions for having it in the wrong place (missing/broken tokens), but because lists don't cause any issues we leave them where we create them.

Carina_Carlson
Marketo Employee

Thank you Carrie!