SOLVED

Re: Do want to develop my Marketo programs before I integrate with SF or after?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do want to develop my Marketo programs before I integrate with SF or after?

I'm trying to get an idea as to best practices in developing programs in Marketo in an integrated test environment that will  ultimately be pushed to production.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to do it before you sync. After the systems are synched, I would recommend creating Mkto Programs and then synching to SFDC Campaigns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, you are referring to the Mkto Program to SFDC Campaign Sync correct? And not the synching of the Mkto system to the SFDC system?

If so, then yes, you will want to create the Mkto Program first and then sync that to SFDC to create the campaign. In doing so, the statuses from Mkto will be transferred over to SFDC so that everything is aligned. You will want to check the SFDC Campaign after creation and add any pertinent information that you cannot add in Mkto, however.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

I"m actually referring to both, i.e. should i be creating all my Marketo Programs, activities, etc. before I sych the two systems or should i wait until after we integrate and data is present in both systems before setting up my Marketo programs?

Thanks.

Bob
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to do it before you sync. After the systems are synched, I would recommend creating Mkto Programs and then synching to SFDC Campaigns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff, thats exactly what I needed to know.

Bob