SOLVED

Re: Do "triggers" work as "and" or work as "and, or"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do "triggers" work as "and" or work as "and, or"

Hi! I'm building an online ad that has one form to start with, then an additional link at the bottom if a person chooses to click will send them to another form to get that different asset. When I'm building the smart list the "fills out form" is a trigger so I wanted to make sure it would pick up on the lead if I build the ad with both forms so seeing it as an "or" function and not an "and" function and not flow the lead through the system if they don't fill out both forms. Does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Triggers call a smart campaign into action the moment they happen, so it's impossible for triggers to be AND - you can't fill out a form AND visit a webpage simultaneously.

Now - the filters (the Green objects) happen AND the trigger.  So, TRIGGER AND (filter1 AND (filter2 OR filter3) AND filter4)  <or however you've set up your filters>

Robb Barrett

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Bonnie,

Short answer: triggers act as OR operators (so it would look to see if someone has either filled out form.) What you can do as a workaround is set up a trigger with the second form and put a filter after it that looks for the first form fillout.

Emily_Thornton1
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Triggers use "or" logic. So if you have 2 triggers, a lead will qualify for the smart campaign if they do either of those activities.

If you add filters to the smart list as well, you can add filter logic that applies only to the filters and not the triggers.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Triggers call a smart campaign into action the moment they happen, so it's impossible for triggers to be AND - you can't fill out a form AND visit a webpage simultaneously.

Now - the filters (the Green objects) happen AND the trigger.  So, TRIGGER AND (filter1 AND (filter2 OR filter3) AND filter4)  <or however you've set up your filters>

Robb Barrett