Re: Do i have to create a new program each time i want to send an email?

Denise_Valles
Level 3

Do i have to create a new program each time i want to send an email?

What is the best way to manage a weekly e-blast that goes out to everyone?

Do i have to create a new program each time i want to send an email?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should consider using an engagement program for this.  Once you have the single engagement program set up, you can create local asset emails.  If the email is sent on the same cadence (e.g. every Wednesday at 10AM) then you can add the email to the stream when you are ready to send it and the system will send it off!  
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not have to create a new program every time you want to send out an email.  You can create a single program, let's call it Weekly Email Blast and add mutliple smart campaigns naming each smart campaign ie Week 1 Week 2, etc.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you have to consider the most is what level of reporting you want. Do you want to be able to visually see which newsletter had the best response? Programs are really crucial for using the Analyzers. If you don't create programs then you can't determine effectiveness visually. It's fine if you don't want that deep of reporting, don't need to create seperate programs.  

We do as Cheryl mentioned. We create first a program, with campaigns to change the status to the various stages appropriate to the program type. Then we add the email to the Engagement Program. The actions taken to the email by leads from the engagement program will update the statuses in email's program. 

Do you have to? No.

Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

My recommendation is usually to build one perfect email program, and then simply clone it every week, swap the content, and run it.

Building a separate email and campaign inside of an existing program is a lot more work, and limits your reporting abilities. Each Program can only have one success - which of your weekly mails will define the program success? Which has influenced the person's decision to purchase from your company?

Separate programs will allow see the results of each email in your Program Report - or you can run a program opportunity analysis, if you have Marketo RCA.

Cheryl's suggestion of using an engagement program is another great option, where you can see the results of each weeklyl mailing inside the engagement program.

Again, it all depends on how you want to report your results, and how much time you want to save building it.