Do blacklisted leads count toward our DB Limit

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Do blacklisted leads count toward our DB Limit

Does anyone have an idea if blacklisted data counts toward your data limit?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do blacklisted leads count toward our DB Limit

Hi Neil, 

I am not sure if they count towards your data limit or not, but these addresses should be removed, and here is why: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GtqlCAC.

Hope that helps!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Neil, I believe they do count towards your db limit since they are a record in your instance of Marketo. I don't necessarily agree with Kristen's opinion that they should be removed, because by removing them you also removing your opportunity to prevent yourself from mailing to them if they re-enter your database. A blacklist, or list of suppressed records is very important to maintain as part of your data integrity and data quality initiatives.
Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

@Kristin.  The issue is that we are migrating systems and data (as we acquired a company) and we have historical info we need to "check against".  We need a suppression list so to speak.

N
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no hard and fast limit; your Marketo won't "shut off" if you exceed your alloted DB size. Work with your Marketo AE/AM and I'm sure they can be flexible with those limits.