Re: Do autorespond / OOO messages count as clicks?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do autorespond / OOO messages count as clicks?

I am trying to figure out why I have a large number of clicks on an email program, but when I view contacts who are in my Clicked Smart list, I am not able to see what they clicked on. They are not visiting my website or else that would be tracked and I'd be able to see what pages they viewed.

The most clicked on link in my campaign is the reply-to email address, so I am wondering if the Out of Office messages count as clicks? That was the only thing that made sense to me, but I am not sure what's happening.

3 REPLIES 3
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I don't recall seeing "reply-to" as a click in any report -- is this an embedded link in the email body? I don't believe an OOO counts as a click, however there are plenty of bot programs out there clicking links in email as part of a 'security' test (depends on the organization and ISP). There's plenty of content on Nation that details this aspect if you want to search around on it -- but I don't believe it's directly correlated to OOO responses.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OoO messages absolutely do not count as clicks!

If you have a mailto: link (which, btw, you shouldn't even be tracking, since tracking breaks mailto: functionality -- see http://blog.teknkl.com/stop-trying-to-track-mailto-links-if-you-want-them-to-work/) and people are clicking it, that's not a "reply" in any formal sense, it's just a click.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

correct.

If you want to monitor OOO and other replies, Please use Siftrock or similar tool.