Re: Distributing a Static List Via Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Distributing a Static List Via Email

What is the best way to distribute a static list via email in an automated way?  I know that you can only distribute reports - but the reporting capability doesn't appear to allow me to select columns like first, last name, company, and email. I want to send a list to someone internally that doesn't have access to Marketo (and I would perfer not to have give access since they are only using it for this one list.)

Thanks!

Erin
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Masson
Level 10

you could create a lead report and use the Custom Columns for all the fields you need to show as Smart Lists.

Each field you need to show will be a smart list. Add each smart list as a column to your lead report. In set up group by email address. Add your users who need to subscribe to the report and there you have it.

You can only add up to 10 custom columns to a lead report.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erin - There's nothing out of the box that will distribute a static list (as far as I can tell).

I think it could be possible with an Email Script, see: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/

Only other option I can think of is to set up an Email Alert to go to a non-Marketo User's email address everytime a Lead is Added to your List... using Lead Tokens to include your desired fields in the email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's something like a registration list for an event, something I've done before is sync it to a campaign in SFDC, then create a campaign member report in SFDC that is sent to a user daily (or whatever cadence you're looking for). Unfortunately, Marketo isn't that great at automating these types of things.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,

I've completed something similar to your problem.

You will need:
1 Program
1 Text Area field E.g. Person Notes
1 Smart Campaign: Flow needs to be Change Program Status to [Member], Change Data Value of Person Notes to {{lead.First Name}} {{lead.Last Name}} {{lead.Company Name}}
1 Smart List: Smart List needs to be Member of Program: [Program Name]
1 Report: Setup can be Group Leads by Person Notes and Custom Columns [Smart List Name]

Once your Report is working as expected, you can set up a Subscription to go out to the internal person who does not have access to Marketo.