Disqualifying leads within a list

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disqualifying leads within a list

I have a newsletter mailing list that has around 3000 leads included in it. Within that list I would like to "disqualify" around 400 leads that i have created a seperate excel sheet for. What is the most efficient way to find and disqualify these leads in my list? Doing this one by one doesnt seem efficient enough.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disqualifying leads within a list

You can create a batch campaign with these filters:

Smart List:
Email address is [drop in all email addresses]
-and-
Member of list in [your newsletter list]

Flow:
Change Data Value --> "Disqualify"

You can also set up an ongoing trigger campaign to auto disqualify any competitors domains. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes.

You could also upload a list with Email Address | Lead Status and set the status=disqualify.

Faster to do some sort of smart list though. You don't have to use Email Address though, you may have two smart lists or other criterial+Member of List IS Newsletter.
Mark_Davis
Level 1

What is an actual disqualified lead and how/why would a lead become disqualified?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

A disqualified lead is one whose lead status (defined by the lead lifecycle that you have to set up as an operational program in your Marketo instance) is "disqualified". By doing this and setting up your scoring program to put them back to 0, you ensure that they do not get to your Sales team.

Leads you could consider disqualifying: your employees, your competitors, companies outside of your target, schools, journalists...

Hope this clears things up!

Cheers