Displaying Specific Fields Based on Inferred Location

Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying Specific Fields Based on Inferred Location

Basically what I am trying to do is display the opt-in field for prospective leads who are in Canada, and  navaigate to a landing page that has a form.

I have tried to do this by chaning the visibility behaviour to display only when the country is Canada, however that does not I intended it to work.

I was wondering, if anyone has a solution for this.

Thanks,
JG
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Displaying Specific Fields Based on Inferred Location

If the lead selects Country=Canada, you should be able to use Visibility Rules to display Opt In.

I am unsure if you can use inferred country. If it lets you display it, then you could use it and place it as a hidden field.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

The function is there.
Make sure you have all the fields on your form. (Your Opt in check box and Country Picklist Field)

Select Opt-in field and click 'edit Visibility rules' on the right side. Now create your logic - show Opt-in when Country field with value equals Canada to Show.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I did to be CASL compliant.  Prior to the July 1 deadline, we did the following: 
1. In addition to already listing our address, we updated all of our email templates with "this email was sent to you by Digital River, Inc." to ensure compliance.

2. Using the Forms 2.0 visibility rules, I added a pop-up box in all forms for anyone who tells us they live in Canada. Here's the form: http://www.digitalriver.com/our-company/contact-us/. No need to fill it out, but choose Canada as your country and you'll see the pop-up info. Our legal team told us that even though a person is completing a form to request an asset (whitepaper, webinar reply, etc.), they still need to give us permission to send it by opting in.

3. To ensure we understand the lead's consent, we have both a Yes and a No button for opt ins and opt outs. We felt that simply not checking a Yes button was not explicit enough.

4. I worked with our Salesforce Admin to add "Opt In Date" and "Opt Out Date" fields so that we know when the permission was granted and can gain re-permission in two years.

5. Leading up to the deadline, I spent a lot of time working with our data to ensure that our Canadian provinces were correct and that the Canadian leads were marked as Canada. We sent an email to all leads who met the criteria of: country = Canada, or implied country = Canada. It asked for permission to email and included a link to a form with only email address, country (just in case we had a wrong address for the lead) and the opt in and opt out choices.

6. Anyone who did not provide us with an answer (Opt In or Opt Out) were marked as "marketing suspended."