Re: Display Opt in field based on two different fields

Emilia_Chionce1
Level 1

Display Opt in field based on two different fields

Hi Community,

We would like to display the opt in message on the live forms on the website based on Business + Country.

See below for example:

- IF form field "Business" has the value "Business A", show personalized Opt In field for Business A

- IF form field "Business" has the value "Business B", show personalized Opt In field for Business B

- IF form field "Country" has the value "Canada", show CASL message

- IF Form field "Country does not have the value "Canada", show personalized Opt in field for Business A or for Business B, based on the field industry.

Please note that:

- we can't do the last one above with visibility rules

- the Opt In fields are 2, one for Business A and another for Business B

- the CASL is not a field, but a rich text.

Do any of you guys see a solution to this?

Thank you,

Emilia

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi,

Can you break down the last point again, I am a bit confused.

- IF Form field "Country does not have the value "Canada", show personalized Opt in field for Business A or for Business B, based on the field industry.

what do you mean by

or for Business B, based on the field industry.

?

Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for looking into this.

I meant to say

- IF Form field "Country" does not have the value "Canada", show personalized Opt in field for Business A or for Business B, based on the "Business" field value.

Thank you,

Emilia

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, I created a demo and just wrote a very lengthy explanation, but Jive threw an error when I saved it and now it's gone. I'm a little too ticked off right now to rewrite it, but here's the demo:

MktoForms2 :: VR Cascade

The key is a set a of Visibility Rules (managed in Form Editor) combined with some Forms JS glue to create a VR "cascade" where only the last matching element, from top to bottom is shown. In any case I'll add more tomorrow.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Sanford, I'm sure people will pinch this code.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your support here, Sanford! Super helpful to find out that a Visibility Rule Cascade is possible.

Does the code works if the third one is a field, and not a rich text?

Asking as in the last scenario "- IF Form field "Country" does not have the value "Canada", show personalized Opt in field for Business A or for Business B, based on the "Business" field value.", Opt In is a field.

Thank you,

Emilia

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Does the code works if the third one is a field, and not a rich text?

Yes, it doesn't matter whether it's a field or rich text in this context.

The form setup is quite simple.

The interesting/conditional fields are all enclosed in a fieldset so they're easy for JS to find. (The fieldset border and legend are hidden, so it's just an invisible container.)

pastedImage_0.png

Then from top-to-bottom, the blocks have the expected Visibility Rules:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_2.png

The JS then ensures that only the last block that matches a VR is shown. So the Canada block always takes precedence over the two Industry options, because it appears later. If Canada is not shown, only then can one of the Industry ones be shown.

Emilia_Chionce1
Level 1

Sounds great, will let you know if we encounter any hiccup while implementing.

Thank you very much for all your support, Sanford!