SOLVED

Disallow files in Design Studio to be crawled

Go to solution
Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Disallow files in Design Studio to be crawled

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a way to disallow files uploaded in the Design Studio to be crawled.

We have an area of our website we are hiding from search engines, but because these pages link to PDF hosted in the Design Studio, robots still crawl the pages and result in some organic traffic hitting the pages.

Anyone know of a way to do this and keep the files in the design studio v. switching files to an in-house server.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Re: Disallow files in Design Studio to be crawled

Hey Jean-Pascal, you can call up Marketo Support and work with them to change your robots.txt file to disallow the Design Studio files (site folder, really) to be archived.

Cheers

Edward

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jean-Pascal Mercier​, I believe you set your LPs to "no index/no follow" , that should do it. Referring to this post: "No Follow" on Landing Pages?

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey Jean-Pascal, you can call up Marketo Support and work with them to change your robots.txt file to disallow the Design Studio files (site folder, really) to be archived.

Cheers

Edward

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Magical!

Thanks!!

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Edward Unthank is correct.  We just did this ourselves!

Open a support case with Marketo

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

I'm actually shocked to find out this is the default that those files are indexed. For a business that is built on gated content for leads, this is a HUGE oversight.