Re: Disabling native campaign sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabling native campaign sync

I'm running a project to clean up and standardize SFDC campaign statuses, but am running into a problem with the campaign sync.

My instance does not use the native campaign sync, but rather always changes statuses via flow step. We are changing the campaign statuses in bulk via data, but the native sync (enabled under Sync Options on the Admin tab) seems to be changing thrm back. Can anyone tell me if I can safely disable the sync and still effectively use the Add to SFDC Campaign flow step?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's weird...you should be able to use Add to SFDC Campaign just fine even if the Salesforce Campaign Sync is enabled in Admin. You might want to open a support ticket.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amy. I had a ticket open, but closed it because I thought I could fix it by changing the status in all my SFDC campaign flow steps to use the new, desired status. Alas, MKTO continued to change them back to what they previously were.

Before I reopen the ticket, do you know what will happen if I disable the campaign sync in Admin? Will I still be able to change statuses via flow step?

Appreciate the help!

-Brendon

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe if you disable campaign sync you won't be able to connect to any

SFDC campaigns (at the program level or flow step level). Definitely check

in with Support.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 8:03 AM, Brendon Ritz <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor