SOLVED

Re: Disable cookie tracking for multiple form submissions.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable cookie tracking for multiple form submissions.

I'm trying to get a form to be submitted multiple times without modifying the cookie with each submission. We often have a manager wanting to register multiple people for an event. The form is within a custom guided landing page which does not include

PHP:

echo $mContext['endElements'];

I've disabled Munchkin tracking under the Template Actions menu, but the cookie is still being modified.

Also found this script but only gets an error:

//add a callback to the first ready form on the page

MktoForms2.whenReady( function(form){

//add the tracking field to be submitted

form.addHiddenFields({"_mkt_trk":""});

//clear the value during the onSubmit event to prevent tracking association

form.onSubmit( function(form){

form.vals({"_mkt_trk":""});

})

})

The information of the last person that is registered is being set to the person submitting the form. We would like to disable modifying the cookies on certain landing pages/forms. Can we essentially set the cookie to be read-only?

Message was edited by: Tony Teixeira, Raw HTML not displaying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That code is (one of) the popular methods for creating a Referral Form and comes straight from Marketo's Kenny E.  It shouldn't create any errors. Please post your URL so we can see what the actual error is.

Also, to be persnickety, it's not that the cookie is being modified. It is, in a sense, read-only.  But the cookie's association is being modified.  If the cookie value were being modified, you wouldn't be having this issue!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

That code is (one of) the popular methods for creating a Referral Form and comes straight from Marketo's Kenny E.  It shouldn't create any errors. Please post your URL so we can see what the actual error is.

Also, to be persnickety, it's not that the cookie is being modified. It is, in a sense, read-only.  But the cookie's association is being modified.  If the cookie value were being modified, you wouldn't be having this issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're absolutely correct, the error was in my code above the one from Kenny E, didn't inspect it until you said it was a popular code. Just went unnoticed until I added some code below it. It is now working perfectly! Also, thanks for the info on cookies, good to know the workings.

SanfordWhiteman

Great to hear.